Important Sites

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Another brush with celebrity...

Walking back to the hotel from Les Halles (Anthony Bourdain's restaurant) on Park Avenue, there was suddenly a bunch of extremely loud firetrucks passing by, and Lennart had to gawk a little, because they were stopping at a building nearby. We saw no smoke, so Lennart speculated that it might be a jumper. And as he did this, a lost and confused-looking Robert Duvall rounded the corner, sucking his teeth, and was less than a foot away from me. I had to lean into Lennart's ear and say discreetly, "That's Robert Duvall standing behind me." And Lennart turned to look and said, "It sure is!"

He's looking a bit ragged around the edges these days, and Lennart says, "Whenever I see celebrities, they always look older." And, well, yes, I guess, since makeup and good lighting does wonders. Still, a bit of celebrity spotting can be slightly fun. :)

No comments: